Hi,

I am still quite new to Solr. I have the following setup:
A SolrCloud setup with
38 nodes,
maxShardsPerNode=2,
implicit routing with routing field,
and replication factor=2.

Now, I want to add replica. This works fine by first increasing the
maxShardsPerNode to a higher number and then add replicas.
So far, so good. I can confirm changes of the maxShardsPerNode parameter and
added replicas in the Admin UI.
However, the Solr Admin UI still is showing me a replication factor of 2.
I am a little confused about what the replicationfactor parameter actually does
in my case:

1) What does that mean? Does Solr make use of all replicas I have or only of
two?
2) Do I need to increase the replication factor value as well to really have
more replicas available and usable? If this is true, do I need to
restart/reload the collection newly upload configs to Zookeeper or anything
alike?
3) Or is replicationfactor just a parameter that is needed for the first start
of SolrCloud and can be ignored afterwards?

Thank you very much for your help,
All the best,
Johannes