We use zookeeper for Hadoop / HBase and so we use same ensemble for Solr
too. We are using Solr Cloud in EC2 instances with 6 collections containing
4 shards and 2 replicas.

We followed the one of the blog
<https://myjeeva.com/solrcloud-cluster-single-collection-deployment.html>
in the internet for our setup and it's works fine. Though the setup is on
tomcat, for latest  solr version with Jetty can also be used with little
change.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,