Yes this is expected. On startup old console logs and gc logs are
moved into the archived folder by default. This can be disabled by
setting SOLR_LOG_PRESTART_ROTATION=false as a environment variable
(search for its usage in bin/solr) but it will also disable all log
rotation.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.