Hi Erik,

about 1>
I have no core.properties at all, just a clean new installation.
- 5 x Zookeeper on 5 different server
- 5 x Solr 6.5.1 on 5 different server
- uploaded a configset with "bin/solr zk upconfig ..."
- started first Solr node with port 8983 of first server
- started second Solr node with port 7574 of first server
No core, no cluster, no collection, no nodes.

about 2>
Sysvars just JAVA_HOME in .bashrc and in solr.in.sh SOLR_JAVA_HOME,
SOLR_STOP_WAIT, SOLR_HEAP, ZK_HOST, SOLR_HOST

I tried "bin/solr -e cloud" and have in example/cloud/node1/ and node2/
separate logs directories for each node. So I thought of a misconfig
at my fresh clean Solr installation.
But if there is no core or node jet it makes sense to write logs into
a general single directory, but don't move existing logs to archived.

Regards,
Bernd

Am 04.05.2017 um 04:54 schrieb Erick Erickson:
> Bernd:
>
> Do check two things:
>
> 1> your core.properties files. Do you have properties set in the
> core.properties files that could possibly confuse things?
>
> 2> when you start your Solr instances, do you define any sysvars that
> could confuse the archive directories?
>
> These are wild shots in the dark mind you...
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
> <edwinye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Which version of Solr are you using?
>>
>> I am using Solr 6.4.2, it seems that both nodes are trying to write to the
>> same archived file.
>>

>> Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.FileSystemException:
>> C:\edwin\solr\server\logs\solr_gc.log.0.current ->
>> C:\edwin\solr\server\logs\archived\solr_gc.log.0.current: The process
>>  cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Edwin
>>

>> On 3 May 2017 at 23:42, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That does look weird. Does the 7574 console log really get archived or
>>> is the 8983 console log archived twice? If 7574 doesn't get moved to
>>> the archive, this sounds like a JIRA, I'd go ahead and raise it.
>>>
>>> Actually either way I think it needs a JIRA. Either the wrong log is
>>> getting moved or the message needs to be fixed.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Erick

Bernd Fehling                    Bielefeld University Library
Dipl.-Inform. (FH)                LibTec - Library Technology
Universitätsstr. 25                  and Knowledge Management
33615 Bielefeld
Tel. +49 521 106-4060       bernd.fehling(at)uni-bielefeld.de

BASE - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine - www.base-search.net