David,

The articles by Yonick were written around the time that he and others were developing the features. This one http://yonik.com/solr-nested-objects/ says 5.3 and later. Considering that development and bugfixes spanned several versions, you would do well to test your configuration with your preferred Solr version and upgrade as necessary / desired.

cheers -- Rick

On 2017-05-25 01:45 AM, David Lee wrote:
Hi Rick,

Adding to this subject, I do appreciate you pointing us to these articles, but I'm curious about how much of these take into account the latest versions of Solr (ie: +6.5 and 7) given the JSON split capabilities, etc. I know that is just on the indexing side so the searches may be the same but things are changing quickly these days (not a bad thing).

Thanks,

David