I'm testing replication on solr 5.5.0.

I set up one master and one slave.

The index versions match; that is, master(replicable), master(searching), and
slave(searching) are the same.

I make a change to the index on the master, but do not commit yet.

As expected, the version master(replicable) changes, but not master(searching).

If I "replicate now" on the slave, then slave(searching) matches
master(replicable), which seems wrong because the slave now returns answers
from master(replicable), while the master returns answers from
master(searching).

Shouldn't the slave continue to return answers from master(searching), so that
master and slave return the same answers?

What do I not understand?  The documentation I found about replication doesn't
seem to explain in depth how the versions are affected by changes and commit.

Thanks,

Ron