I'd rather say you didn't quote the URL when sending it using curl.

Bash accepts the ampersand as a request to execute curl including the
URL up to CREATE in background - that's why the error is included within
the next output, followed by "Exit" - and then tries to execute the
following part of the URL as additional commands, which of course fails.

Just put the URL in quotes, and it will work much better.

-Michael

Am 27.09.2017 um 23:14 schrieb Miller, William K - Norman, OK - Contractor:
> I understand that this has to be done on the command line, but I don't know
> where to put this structure or what it should look like.  Can you please be
> more specific in this answer?  I have only been working with Solr for about
> six months.

> William Kevin Miller
>
> ECS Federal, Inc.
> USPS/MTSC