From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:02 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modifing create_core's instanceDir attribute

On 9/27/2017 10:24 AM, Miller, William K - Norman, OK - Contractor wrote:
> Thanks Erick for pointing me in this direction.  Unfortunately when I try to
> us this I get an error.  Here is the command that I am using and the response
> I get:
>
> https://solrserver:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=mycore&ins
> tanceDir=/var/solr/data/mycore&dataDir=data&configSet=custom_configs
>

> [1] 32023
> [2] 32024
> [3] 32025
> -bash: https://solrserver:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE: No such
> file or directory [4] 32026
> [1]   Exit 127
> https://solrserver:8983/solr/adkmin/cores?action=CREATE
> [2]   Done            name=mycore
> [3]-  Done            instanceDir=/var/solr/data/mycore
> [4]+  Done            dataDir=data

It appears that you are trying to type the bare URL into a shell prompt as a
command.  The shell doesn't know how to deal with a URL -- a URL isn't a
program or a shell command.

If you put the URL into a browser, which knows how to deal with it, the request
will go to Solr, and then you can deal with any further problems.

If you want to do it on the commandline, you're going to have to have a valid
command/program for the shell.  The "curl" and "wget" programs are commonly
available on systems with a shell prompt.  Here's one command that might work.
Replace the text URL with your actual URL, and be sure that you keep the quotes:

curl "URL"

Thanks,
Shawn