From: Jon Baer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:01 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SolrJ and JSON in Solr -1.3

Hmm am I missing something but isn't the real point of SolrJ to be able to
use the binary (javabin) format to keep it small / tight / compressed?  I
have had to proxy Solr recently and found just throwing a SolrDocumentList
as a JSONArray (via json.org libs) works pretty well (YMMV).  I was just
under the impression that the Java to Java bridge was the best way to go ...

It would be nice to have util methods on the SolrDocumentList (toJSON(),
toXML(), etc) maybe?

- Jon