On 1/19/2018 3:53 PM, Webster Homer wrote:
I created the alias with an existing collection name because our code base
which was created with stand alone solr was a pain to change. I did test
that the alias took precedence over the collection, when I did a search.

The ability to create aliases and collections with the same name is viewed as a bug by some, and probably will be removed in a future version.

It doesn't really make sense to have an alias with the same name as a collection, and the behavior is probably undefined.

Thanks,
Shawn