Thanks for the tip Jason.  I didn't see the -j option there or here
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/solr-control-script-reference.html

I'll keep this short, i tried to add it to the init.d script and then
interacting directly with the solr binary, but ultimately saw that
logs/solr-console-8983.log was updated with an exception saying dependency
not met.

It looks like only /opt/solr/server/lib/jetty-http-9.3.20.v20170531.jar is
bundled.

So i guess at this point i have one question that i don't think i'd go
through with b/c i'd like to keep the application install clean, But for
curiosity will solr pick up any jar in the lib directory and then i could
pass -j --module=http2, perhaps or define if where module=http is defined,
but that may just be passed at start i'd assume.

Otherwise i may just put nginx in front of the master admin, which has A
LOT of other security around it, b/c i am trying to access it from outside
my VPC.

Thanks again!
Jeff