Answering a bit of my own question, the underlying jetty would have to be
built with it, and get pushed into its jar directory.

I think i'll put nginx in front of this, do a quick proxy forcing 1.1 and
move on, but if anyone knows any tricks, it'll be good just for
thoroughness of this thread and my curiosity.

Best,
Jeff