> That benchmark is on Windows, so not interesting for most of us.

I guess I must have missed this in the author's question. Did he describe
his OS?

Also other applications scale well on Windows. Why would Solr be different?
The Solr page does not say about any performance limits on windows
(shouldn't they say that upfront in that case!)

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/installing-solr.html#got-java
(You can install Solr in any system where a suitable Java Runtime
Environment (JRE) is available, as detailed below. Currently this includes
Linux, OS X, and Microsoft Windows.)

> Windows has very different handling for threads, memory, and files
compared to Unix. I had to do a lot of Windows-specific tuning for > >
Ultraseek Server to get decent performance. For example, merge speed was
terrible unless I opened files with a Windows-specific > > > >caching hint.

Deepak
"Please stop cruelty to Animals, help by becoming a Vegan"
+91 73500 12833
deic...@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool