On 3/25/2018 1:45 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
I have written a little test program that can pound the system harder, need a little more time to gather what I learned with it.

Here's the code and three results with different threadcounts:

https://gist.github.com/elyograg/abedf4ae28467059e46781f7d474f379

I ran the program several times while writing it.  Once I had it finished, I did the 20 thread run first, then the 100 thread run, and then the 200 thread run.  Gist re-ordered my files, wasn't expecting that.

It was executed inside eclipse on a Windows 7 system.  The Solr servers are running Linux.  This is a distributed index with 7 total shards running on two servers.  The "shards" parameter is defined on the server side in the 'ncmain' core, which has an empty index.  The servers are NOT running in SolrCloud mode.

As you can see in the code, I was using exactly the same query every time -- that "banjo" query that I tried earlier.

I have to try and remember how to build a simple program like this on the commandline before I can try it in Linux.  I don't know if it would see a performance improvement running on Linux.

Thanks,
Shawn