From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:41 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: change in the Standard Query Parser behavior when migrating from
Solr 5 to 7.

On 5/9/2018 2:37 PM, Piyush Kumar Nayak wrote:
> Same here. "sow" restores the old behavior.

This might be a bug.  I'd like someone who has better understanding of the
low-level internals to comment before assuming that it's a bug, though.  Sounds
like sow=false (default as of 7.0) might be causing the
autoGeneratePhraseQueries setting in the schema to be ignored.  Need to find
out from an expert whether that is expected or wrong.

> The schema.xml in both Solr versions for me is the one that gets copied from
> the default template folder to the collections's conf folder.
> On 7 though, looks like the schema changes file changes to "managed-schema".

The managed schema factory became default in 5.5.  The default filename for the
managed schema is managed-schema.  Some of the configs included with Solr did
already use the managed schema before it became default. Now all of the
examples use the managed schema.

> On 7 Solr backs up the original schema.xml and creates a managed schema
> config file.

That is a back-compat feature of the managed schema factory.  If a schema.xml
file is found, it will be renamed and its contents will be copied to
managed-schema, overwriting it if it exists already.

Thanks,
Shawn