Setups using implicit routers are not considered in the design so I don't
think they will work today. That being said, it should be a simple
enhancement to the CdcrReplicator to add the shard name to the
UpdateRequest object. But ensure that both target and source have the exact
same number and name of shards.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.