In my opinion, given the definition of dismax and edismax query parsers, they
should behave the same for parameters in common.
To be a little bit extreme I don't think we need the dismax query parser at
all anymore ( in the the end edismax  is only offering more than the dismax)

Finally, I do believe that even if the query is a single term ( before or
after the analysis for a PF field) it should anyway boost the phrase.
A phrase of 1 word is still a phrase, isn't it ?

-----
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io