Hello all,

We are using self-signed certificates for our two servers in an HTTPS
Master/Slave configuration running on Windows (please no discussions about the
merits of Linux vs. Windows for Solr, it's a requirement).

We have solr1.com and solr2.com self-signed certs that correspond to the two
servers. We also have a load balancer with an address named solrlb.com. When we
hit the load balancer it gives us an SSL error, as it is passing us back to
either solr1.com or solr2.com, but since these two Solr servers only have each
other's self-signed cert installed in their Keystore, it doesn't resolve when
it comes in through the load balanced address of solrlb.com.

We tried a san certificate that has all 3 addresses, but when we do this, we
get the following error:

This page can't be displayed
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting
to https://b-win-solr-01.azure-dfa.com:8983  again. If this error persists, it
is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as
RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your
site administrator.

What is the correct method of using a self-signed certificate or certificates
so that the pass thru Load Balancer address of solrlb.com that will either
route to solr1 or solr2 works?

Regards,

Kelly