On 6/22/2018 12:14 PM, Matthew Faw wrote:
> So I’ve tried running MIGRATE on solr 7.3.1 using the following parameters:
> 1) “split.key=”
> 2) “split.key=!”
> 3) “split.key=DERP_”
> 4) “split.key=DERP/0!”
>
> For 1-3, I am seeing the same ERRORs you see.  For 4, I do not see any ERRORs.
>
> Interestingly, I’m seeing this WARN message for all 4 scenarios:
>
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: SolrCore not
> found:split_shard2_temp_shard2_shard1_replica_n3 in [derp_shard1_replica_n1,
> derp_shard2_replica_n6, herp_shard1_replica_n1, herp_shard2_replica_n6]

I saw something similar as well.  I think the way that MIGRATE works
internally is to copy data from the source collection to a temporary
index, and then from there to the final target.

I think I've figured out why split.key is required.  The entire reason
the MIGRATE api was created was for people who use route keys to split
one of those route keys into a separate collection.  It does not appear
to have been intended for handling everything in a collection, but only
for splitting indexes where such keys are in use.

With id values like DERP_3e5bc047f13f6c562f985f00 you're not using
routing prefix keys, so I think you probably aren't able to use the
migrate API at all.

So let's back up a couple of steps so we can find you a workable
solution.  Is this a one-time migration that you're trying to do, or are
you expecting to do this frequently?  What requirement are you trying to
satisfy by copying data from one collection to another, and what are the
details of the requirement?

Thanks,
Shawn