Depending on how often synonyms are added you may or may not have/want to make
Solr reload your synonyms.  If you use index-time synonyms you definitely don't
want to reindex every time they change if they change more frequently than what
it takes to reindex.
I believe you can use new MultiCore methods for loading/reloading cores to get
synonyms to reload.

Otis