Hi all,

We have a problem. Some of our historical documents have mixed together
simplified and Chinese characters. There seems to be no problem when
searching either traditional or simplified separately - that is, if a
particular string/phrase is all in traditional or simplified, it finds it -
but it does not find the string/phrase if the two different characters (one
traditional, one simplified) are mixed together in the SAME string/phrase.

Has anyone ever handled this problem before? I know some libraries seem to
have implemented something that seems to be able to handle this, but I'm
not sure how they did so!

Amanda
------
Dr. Amanda Shuman
Post-doc researcher, University of Freiburg, The Maoist Legacy Project
<http://www.maoistlegacy.uni-freiburg.de/>
PhD, University of California, Santa Cruz
http://www.amandashuman.net/
http://www.prchistoryresources.org/
Office: +49 (0) 761 203 4925