At least it is complicated to me.  :>)

We are investigating how to find return a list documents whose identifier is
contained in a multi-value field in another document.
The index consists of essentially two different documents sharing some common
fields.
To make it simple, I will refer to them as two different documents, but they
are in the same index.
DocA has a multi-value field that contains a set of identifiers from DocBs.
The multi-value field is named "members"

I am trying to conceptualize a query join where for a given DocA the response
contains those DocBs whose identifier is contained in DocA's members field.

Not sure how to piece this together.

I looked at function queries, but nothing jumped out.

Thanks.

-SP