Well, how it's marked really has little to do with whether it
gets addressed or not. The nature of Open Source software
is that it's, well, open. If this is a big enough pain point for
you, you can pull the code and fix it. Whether you then
submit a patch for review/commit is up to you.

There are also consultants who would be willing to take
this forward if it's important enough to your company to
sponsor.

Best,
Erick