Martin:

The mail server is pretty aggressive about stripping attachments, your
png didn't come though. You might also get a more informed answer on
the Tika mailing list.

That said (and remember I can't see your png so this may be a silly
question), how are you executing the program .vs. compiling it? You
mentioned the "build path". I'm usually lazy and just execute it in
IntelliJ for development and have forgotten to set my classpath on
_numerous_ occasions when running it from a command line ;)

Best,
Erick