On 2/20/2019 11:07 AM, Greg Robinson wrote:
Lets try this: https://imgur.com/a/z5OzbLW

What I'm trying to do seems pretty straightforward:

1. Install Solr Server 7.4 on Linux (Completed)
2. Connect my Drupal 7 site to the Solr Server and use it for indexing
content

My understanding is that I must first create a core in order to connect my
drupal site to Solr Server. This is where I'm currently stuck.

The assertion in your screenshot that the dataDir must exist is incorrect. If current versions of Solr say this also, that is something we will need to change. This is what actually happens: If all the other requirements are met and the dataDir does not exist, it will be created automatically when the core starts, if the process has sufficient permissions.

See the large "warning" box on the CREATE action documentation for details on what you need:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_4/coreadmin-api.html#coreadmin-create

The warning box is the one that has a red triangle to the left of it. The red triangle contains an exclamation point.

The essence of what it says there is that the core's instance directory must exist, that directory must contain a "conf" directory, and all required config files must be in the conf directory.

If you're running in SolrCloud mode, then you're using the wrong API.

Thanks,
Shawn