There’s the collections API command SPLITSHARD.

But is this for functional reasons or are you just experimenting for background
information? 2G is a tiny index by recent standards, I routinely see 200G
indexes on a replica.

And merging indexes in SolrCloud is a bit tricky, you have to be sure to merge
docs in sub-indexes such that the hash value of the ID (or routing) field is
congruent with the “range” parameter in the state.json file. This assumes
compositeID routing.

So unless you thoroughly understand the implications, including and especially
the above paragraph, I’d strongly recommend you don’t go into production with
indexes you’ve merged.

Best,
Erick