On 4/3/2019 8:16 AM, Bernd Fehling wrote:
If I now use the Admin GUI at port 8983 and select "Cloud"->"Graph" I see both collections.
Also with Admin GUI at port port 7574.
And I can select both collection in "Collection Selection" dropdown box.

Why and is this how it should be?

I thought different JAVA instances at different ports are separated by each other?

If you have multiple Solr instances on the same machine, SolrCloud has no idea that they are on the same machine. It will treat them as if they are separate machines.

You can see both collections in one admin UI because all of the machines are all using the same ZooKeeper string when they start. That means they're all part of the same cloud. They would need to be using different zookeeper information to be separate -- that could either be different ZK servers or a different chroot on the zkstring.

Thanks,
Shawn