Hi, thanks for responding so quickly,

>6-12 seconds seems really long and 15 million docs is nothing on a
>machine like this.  Are you sure the issue is in Solr?  How are you
>measuring the 6-12 seconds?

I'm looking at the <QTime> value in the Solr response.

>Assuming it is Solr...

>How often are you indexing?  How often do you commit and get new
>searchers?  What's your JVM heap size?  Are you warming?  Is your
>index optimized?  Did you turn off the compound file system?

This is basically a test that I'm doing and it's not in production yet, so I
did a one time index and I haven't committed any new documents.
- JVM heap size is 12 GB
- I am autowarming
- Index is optimized
- useCompoundFile is false

>You said you've "done most of the optimizations", can you be specific?

- I have a minimum # of stored fields, 5 out of 25.
- My index is optimized
- HashDocSet is set to around 75000
- I've setup autowarming queries
- Haven't warmed sort fields because I'm not doing any sorting
- Not using any solid state drives
- Using filters instead of queries for filtering.

> thanks,
> Rajiv

Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: