For what it's worth - after not using it for some time, I just started
up my solr system (6.6.0) and made a mistake in the command line.  I
mistakenly used 'bin/solr start -c -m 1gb' and got precisely the same
error message as Bernard did (other than the '.." part).

When I changed it to the correct command ('bin/solr start -c -m 1g')
everything worked just fine.  Not sure how this fits with Bernard's
question, but it's interesting that I got the same error message (so
maybe that could in some way be related?)

Terry