Thanks Shawn! I didn't notice the asterisks are created during copy/paste,
one lesson learned :)
Does that mean when fq is applied to text fields,  it is doing text match
in the field just like q in a query field?  While for string fields, it is
exact match.
If it is a phrase query,  what are the values for relate parameters such as
ps?

Thanks,
Wei