Not sure if this is the recommended way, but I managed to use plugin JARs
with Solr Cloud.

Either include the absolute path to JAR in solrconfig.xml, or put the JAR
in a "lib" folder relative to your instanceDir. See the following text from
solrconfig.xml.

If a "./lib" directory exists in your instanceDir, all files found in it
are included as if you had used the following syntax...
<lib dir="./lib" />

If you modified the solrconfig.xml or other config files, remember to
upload it into Solr using the ConfigSet API or via command line tools. And
create a collection that uses the custom configset.

Hope this helps.