You can use the configset API:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_7/configsets-api.html

I don’t recommend to use Schema.xml , but managed Schemas:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/schema-api.html

For people new to Solr I generally recommend to read a recent book about Solr
from beginning to end - that will bring you up to speed much faster than trying
to find all the information via Internet and will prepare you to deliver
results much faster in better quality.
Then it is also much easier to understand and use the reference guide