Besides what all have suggested, can you share your testing setup? Are you
using JMeter? I'm asking this to confirm that your setup is "actually
trying" to generate 1000 simultaneous threads and not bottlenecking the
process. I get 170 qps easily on a simpler server but I remember that I
could not go past 200 threads due to my testing PC limitations (I was
firing queries from my PC to the server).

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 11:29, Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do you need 1000 qps?
>

> > Am 30.09.2019 um 07:45 schrieb Yasufumi Mizoguchi <
> yasufumi0...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying some tests to confirm if single Solr instance can perform
> over
> > 1000 queries per second(!).
> >
> > But now, although CPU usage is 40% or so and iowait is almost 0%,
> > throughput does not increase over 60 queries per second.
> >
> > I think there are some bottlenecks around Kernel, JVM, or Solr settings.
> >
> > The values we already checked and configured are followings.
> >
> > * Kernel:
> > file descriptor
> > net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog
> > net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies
> > net.core.somaxconn
> > net.core.rmem_max
> > net.core.wmem_max
> > net.ipv4.tcp_rmem
> > net.ipv4.tcp_wmem
> >
> > * JVM:
> > Heap [ -> 32GB]
> > G1GC settings
> >
> > * Solr:
> > (Jetty) MaxThreads [ -> 20000]
> >

> > And the other info is as follows.
> >
> > CPU : 16 cores
> > RAM : 128 GB
> > Disk : SSD 500GB
> > NIC : 10Gbps(maybe)
> > OS : Ubuntu 14.04
> > JVM : OpenJDK 1.8.0u191
> > Solr : 6.2.1
> > Index size : about 60GB
> >
> > Any insights will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Yasufumi.

Regards,

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Software Programmer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
IMPORTANT:
NEVER share your IndiaMART OTP/ Password with anyone.