bq. My customer requested me to achieve 1000 qps with a single Solr.

You need to talk to your customer then and adjust expectations. You say you get
60 QPS with 40% CPU utilization. So let’s say QPS is perfectly linear to CPU
utilization and you can get CPU utilization to run at 100%.

In that case you can expect a QPS rate of 2.5 times what you get now, or 150
QPS. Note that I don’t expect it to be perfectly linear so I don’t think you’ll
get 150 QPS although you may get close. And that will be further adversely
affected if there’s active indexing going on.

So before worrying about getting 100% QPS rate, the customer needs to
understand that this won’t be achievable on one Solr instance so until they
decide to have more Solr instances, trying to hit 100% CPU utilization is a
waste of time.

Best,
Erick

> On Oct 1, 2019, at 6:38 AM, Yasufumi Mizoguchi <yasufumi0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It is difficult to answer that for me.
>
> My customer requested me to achieve 1000 qps with single Solr.
>
> Thanks,
> Yasufumi.
>
> 2019年10月1日(火) 14:59 Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Why do you need 1000 qps?
>>

>>> Am 30.09.2019 um 07:45 schrieb Yasufumi Mizoguchi <
>> yasufumi0...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying some tests to confirm if single Solr instance can perform
>> over
>>> 1000 queries per second(!).
>>>
>>> But now, although CPU usage is 40% or so and iowait is almost 0%,
>>> throughput does not increase over 60 queries per second.
>>>
>>> I think there are some bottlenecks around Kernel, JVM, or Solr settings.
>>>
>>> The values we already checked and configured are followings.
>>>
>>> * Kernel:
>>> file descriptor
>>> net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog
>>> net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies