> Did you reload the core/collection or restart Solr so the new schema
> would take effect? If it's SolrCloud, did you upload the changes to
> zookeeper and then reload the collection?  SolrCloud does not use config
> files on disk.

So I have not done this part yet, but I noticed some things in the
managed-schema.

 the first was this (I did verify that the version of the schema is
up-to-date. I am doing an out of the box install of the latest Solr release.

I checked all the fields that I created (I will paste them below), and they
are NOT multi-valued. However, text_general is set to multi-valued as a
default?

 <fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" multiValued="true">
    <analyzer type="index">
      <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="stopwords.txt"
ignoreCase="true"/>
    </analyzer>
    <analyzer type="query">
      <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="stopwords.txt"
ignoreCase="true"/>
      <filter class="solr.SynonymGraphFilterFactory" expand="true"
ignoreCase="true" synonyms="synonyms.txt"/>
    </analyzer>
  </fieldType>

Here are some of the fields I created through the API. When I created them,
I did NOT check the multi-valued box at all. However, when I then go to
look at the field through the API, it is marked Multi-valued. I am assuming
this is because of the fieldType definition above? Why is this set to
default to Multi-valued?

Will I break Solr if i change this to default to not multi-valued?

Thanks,

Rhys