On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:08:07 -0700 (PDT)
prerna07 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The issue with synonym arise when i have number in synonym defination:
>
> ccc =>cccc1,cccc2 gives following result in debugQuery= true :
>  <str name="parsedquery">MultiPhraseQuery(all:"cccc (1 cccc) (2 ccc cccc)
> 3")</str>
>   <str name="parsedquery_toString">all:"cccc (1 cccc) (2 ccc cccc) 3"</str>
>
> However fooaaa=> fooaaa, baraaa,bazaaa gives correct synonym results:
>
>   <str name="parsedquery">all:fooaaa all:baraaa all:bazaaa</str>
>   <str name="parsedquery_toString">all:fooaaa all:baraaa all:bazaaa</str>
>
> Any pointers to solve the issue with numbers in synonyms?

Prerna,
in your first email you show your field type has :

[...]
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
[..]

generateNumberParts=1 will, AFAIK, generate a different token on a number. so
ccc1 will be indexed as "ccc", "1"  . If you use admin/analsys.jsp you can see
the step by step process taken by the tokenizer + filters for your data type -
you can then tweak it as necessary until you are happy with the results.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Immediate success shouldn't be necessary as a motivation to do the right thing.

Warned.