Hey all, over time ive adjusted and changed the solr Xms/Xmx various times
with not too much thought aside from more is better, but ive noticed in
many of the emails the recommended values are much lower than the numbers
ive historically put in.  i never really bothered to change them as the
performance was always more than acceptable.  Until now as well just got a
memory upgrade on our solr nodes so figure may as well do it right.

so im sitting at around
580 gb core
150gb core
270gb core
300gb core
depending on merges etc.  with around 50k-100k searches a day depending on
the time of year/school calendar
the three live nodes each have 4tb of decent SSD's that hold the indexes,
and now just went from 148gb to 288gb of memory.
as of now we do an xms of 8gb and xmx of 60gb, generally through the
dashboard the JVM hangs around 16gb.  I know Xms and Xmx are supposed to be
the same so thats the change #1 on my end, I am just concerned of dropping
it from 60 as thus far over the last few years I have had no problems nor
performance issues.  I know its said a lot of times to make it lower and
let the OS use the ram for caching the file system/index files, so my first
experiment was going to be around 20gb, was wondering if this seems sound,
or should i go even lower?

Thanks, always good learning with this email group.
-Dave