Click-based weights are vulnerable to spamming. Some of us fondly remember when
Google was showing Microsoft as the first hit for “evil empire” thanks to a
click attack.

For our ecommerce search, we use the actual titles of books weighted by order
volume.
Decorated titles are reduced to a base title, so “Managerial Accounting:
Student Value Edition”
becomes just “Managerial Accounting”. Showing all the variations is the job of
the
real results page.

wunder
Walter Underwood