From: "Otis Gospodnetic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:30 PM
To: <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Advice needed on master-slave configuration

Normally you don't have to start Q, but only "reload" Solr searcher when the index has been copied. However, you are on Windows, and its FS has the tendency not to let you delete/overwrite files that another app (Solr/java) has opened. Are you able to copy the index from U to Q? How are you doing it? Are you deleting index files from the index dir on Q that are no longer in the index dir on U?

Otis