Hi Brett,

We, at IndiaMART, have Solr installed behind PHP servers which are
behind Varnish servers.

Yes, you are right exposing Solr URL is not a good idea. A single service
in between would do the trick.

You can try our service at dir.indiamart.com. We have a client-side JS that
handles AJAX requests per keystroke. Do let me know for any other queries.
:)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 at 22:10, Moyer, Brett <bmo...@tiaa.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Looking to see how others accomplished this goal. We have a 3 Tier
> architecture, Solr is down deep in T3 far from the end user. How do you
> make Auto-Suggest calls from the Internet Browser through the Tiers down to
> Solr in T3? We essentially created steps down each tier, but I'm looking to
> know what other approaches people have created. Did you put your solr in
> T1, I assume not, that would put it at risk. Thanks!
>
> Brett Moyer
> This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
> immediately and then delete it.
>
> TIAA

Regards,

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra,
Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*11096*

--