Response spikes after commits are almost always something to do
with autowarming or docValues being set to false. So here’s what
I’d look at, in order.

1> are the fields used defined with docValues=true? They should be.
With this much variance it sounds like you don’t have that value set.
You’ll have to rebuild your entire index, first deleting all documents…

You assert that they are all docValues, but the variance is so
high that I wonder whether they _all_ are. They may very well be, but
I’ve been tripped up by things I know are true that aren’t too often ;)

You can insure this by setting 'uninvertible=“true” ‘ in your field type,
see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12962 if you’re on
7.6 or later.

2>what are your autowarming settings for queryResultCache and/or
filterCache. Start with a relatively small number, say 16 and look at
your autowarm times to insure they aren’t excessive.

3> if autowarming doesn’t help, consider specifying a newSearcher
event in solrconfig.xml that exercises the facets.

NOTE: <2> and <3> will mask any fields that are docValues=false that
slipped through the cracks, so I’d double check <1> first.

Best,
Erick