I have now optimized the index - down to 325mb, it compresses down to 20mb.

I think the new replication thing in solr is great, but if it could compress
the files it's sending, it would be an awful lot more useful when replicating,
as we are, between sites.

Simon Collins
Systems Analyst

Telephone: 01904 606 867
Fax Number: 01904 528 791

shoe-shop.com ltd
Catherine House
Northminster Business Park
Upper Poppleton, YORK
YO26 6QU
www.shoe-shop.com

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message,
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for
any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment,
that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company. (PAVD001)
Shoe-shop.com Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 03817232. Vat Registration GB 734 256 241. Registered Office Catherine
House, Northminster Business Park, Upper Poppleton, YORK, YO26 6QU.