I've used the highlighter in the past for this but it has to do a lot more
work than "explain".  Typically that extra work is analysis of the fields'
text again.  Still; the highlighter can make sense when the individual
fields aren't otherwise searchable because you are searching on an
aggregate catch-all field.

~ David