This is true _unless_ you fetch from docValues. docValues are SORTED_SETs,
so the results will be both ordered and deduplicated if you return them
as part of the field list.

Don’t really think it needs to go into the ref guide, it’s just inherent in
storing
any kind of value. You wouldn’t expect multiple text entries in a multiValued
field to be rearranged when returning the stored values either.

Best,
Erick