Thanks for your response Rahul!

Yes, all the fields I tried with were indexed=true, but it did not work.

Btw, when I try to today, I am no longer getting the "Connection lost"
error. The delete command returns with status=success, however the document
is not actually deleted when I check in the search console again.

I tried using Document Type as XML just now and I see the same behaviour as
above.

Thanks
Goutham