Thanks for the response Rahul, and sorry for the delay. This email somehow
got missed in my inbox.

I am not able to get the thread dump now; here are the other details:

   - It is stand-alone Solr
   - I also found later that, while the UI timed out, the request was
   ultimately processed. In some cases, the request got processed hours after
   I had made it, but it did get processed.
   - When I tried via cURL, it did not time out but was stuck forever and
   never returned. I guess if I had waited for a few hours, it would have
   returned.
   - I later found out that we had allocated 4 cores for Solr, so I guess
   using 110% CPU was ok, since that is still a little over 25% of the CPU
   available to Solr.

Thanks!
Goutham