This really sounds like an XY problem. The whole point of facets is
to count the number of documents that have a value in some
number of buckets. So trying to stop your facet query as soon
as it matches a hit for the first time seems like an odd thing to do.

So what’s the “X”? In other words, what is the problem you’re trying
to solve at a high level? Perhaps there’s a better way to figure this
out.

Best,
Erick