On 11/4/2020 9:32 PM, Modassar Ather wrote:
Another thing: how can I control the core naming? I want the core name to
be *mycore* instead of *mycore**_shard1_replica_n1*/*mycore*
*_shard2_replica_n2*.
I tried setting it using property.name=*mycore* but it did not work.
What can I do to achieve this? I am not able to find any config option.

Why would you need to this or even want to? It sounds to me like an XY problem.

http://xyproblem.info/

I understand the core.properties file is required for core discovery but
when this file is present under a subdirectory of SOLR_HOME I see it not
getting loaded and not available in Solr dashboard.

You should not be trying to manipulate core.properties files yourself. This is especially discouraged when Solr is running in cloud mode.

When you're in cloud mode, the collection information in zookeeper will always be consulted during core discovery. If the found core is NOT described in zookeeper, it will not be loaded. And in any recent Solr version when running in cloud mode, a core that is not referenced in ZK will be entirely deleted.

Thanks,
Shawn