: Of course, here is the full stack trace (collection 'techproducts' with
: just one core to make it easier):

Ah yeah ... see -- this looks like a mistake introduced at some point...

: Caused by: org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceNotFoundException: Can't
: find resource 'elevate.xml' in classpath or
: '/configs/techproductsConfExp', cwd=/usr/share/solr-7.7.2/server
:       at
org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkSolrResourceLoader.openResource(ZkSolrResourceLoader.java:130)
:       at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openConfig(SolrResourceLoader.java:362)
:       at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:120)
:       at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:90)
:       at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryElevationComponent.loadElevationProvider(QueryElevationComponent.java:366)

...this bit of code is *expecting* to be able to init a Config object from
the SolrResourceLoader, even thought this bit of code...

:       at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryElevationComponent.getElevationProvider(QueryElevationComponent.java:321)
:       at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryElevationComponent.loadElevationConfiguration(QueryElevationComponent.java:259)

...has already established that there is no "Config" file available from
the resource loader, and we should be initializing an ElevationProvider
that can raed from the data dir.  9and this code seems to be unchanged on
branch_8x)

Can you please file a jira pointing out that this doesn't work along with
the full stack trace, and then add a comment copy/pasting my comments here
that the code makes no sense?

I'm not sure if/when someone who understands the code well enough will be
able to help fix this (and write a test for it) ... was the experiment
/ work around i suggested viable? ...

: > I don't know if it will work, but one thing you might want to experiment
: > with is putting your elevate.xml back the configset in zk, and updating it
: > on the fly in zk -- then see if it gets reloaded by each core the next
: > time the index changes (NOTE that there will almost certainly need to be
: > an index change for it to re-load, since I don't see any indication that
: > it's watching for changes in zk)
: >
: > FWIW: the way most people seem to be using QEC these days is to have an
: > empty elevate.xml file, and then have their application use some other
: > key/val store, or more complex matching logic, to decide which documents
: > to elevate, and then use the "elevateIds" param to pass that info to solr.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/