On 2/18/2021 3:38 AM, Anuj Bhargava wrote:
Solr 8.0 query length limit

We are having an issue where queries are too big, we get no result. And if
we remove a few keywords we get the result.

The best option is to convert the request to POST, as Thomas suggested. With that, the query parameters could be up to 2 megabytes in size with no config changes.

The limit for this is enforced by Jetty -- the servlet container that Solr ships with. If you cannot switch your requests to POST, then you can find the following line in server/etc/jetty.xml, adjust it, and restart Solr:

<Set name="requestHeaderSize"><Property name="solr.jetty.request.header.size" default="8192" /></Set>

A header limit of 8KB is found in nearly all web servers and related software, like load balancers.

Thanks,
Shawn